Sunday, October 26, 2008

Welcome to the Q Station Blog!


Hello, and welcome to the blog!

I've been in the production business for over 20 years now, and have had the good fortune to have worked in many different areas of prodcution. I've recorded music albums in the studio, run live sound reinforcement systems for concert venues, produced and directed television commercials and educational television programs, and most recently produced and directed my first feature length comedy film, Bumping off Burt (www.bumpingoffburt.com)

Recently, I've started to receive lots of e-mail requests from other independent filmmakers looking for advice on how they can avoid some of the pitfalls of producing films and television projects on a limited budget, and I noticed that many of the requests were similar in nature.

So on the recommendation of a friend, I decided it was time to set up a blog to share the information I've learned throughout my years in the production world, and hopefully learn a few new things from the countless others that are more experienced than myself.

I hope that ultimately, people will come to find this blog as a great resource for their own production projects, and a place to share all of the interesting stories, pitfalls, and successes that happen behind the scenes in the world of independent film production.

So with that being said, I hope you enjoy the blog, and if you have any comments, please feel free to post them. If you have a question or an idea for a future post, e-mail me and I will do my best to answer you as quickly as possible.

Best Wishes,

Greg Steiner
Producer/Director
gsteiner@q-station.com

http://www.q-station.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2470529/

No comments:

Post a Comment